RE: Technical Writing in China

Subject: RE: Technical Writing in China
From: "James Jones" <doc-x -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 22:34:59 -0600

IF I were seeking a ft technical writing job, I would consider accepting
a tech writing job in China

But because I'm disabled, I don't want to relocate.

If I did not speak Chinese I would still possibly accept such a job
because I would value the experience.

Such a decision, for me, is about interest and values, not economics and
politics.

Also, a related yet unrelated request for information. Does anyone on
this list know of any short and simple and good technical documentation
publications (e.g. reference publications, like the nontechnical
'Elements of Style') that are in Chinese, German, or Spanish that we in
the English speaking world could use translations of? Please contact me
offlist if you do know of stuff like this. Thanks.

Jim Jones http://www.tinyurl.com/4arjc

Bonnie Granat asked

Companies such as ZTE, in Shenzhen, China, employ English-speaking
technical writers. Would any US technical writer on this list, if
the technical writing climate in the US got very inhospitable,
consider moving there to work? That is, if the world market for
documents in English expands, would you consider going where
there's more work? ...

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com