RE: Acrobat 7.0 (and the toolbar buttons from...)

Subject: RE: Acrobat 7.0 (and the toolbar buttons from...)
From: "diotima" <diotima -at- myway -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 23:08:39 -0500 (EST)

just an observation and some fair warning advice about acrobat 7 --

i've got acrobat 7 on my pc at work, and good grief does it ever take long to open. it takes at least as long to open as photoshop (maybe longer. i'll have to time it next time i'm bored). on the other hand, my pc at work isn't exactly greased lightning in most matters, and the program opens swiftly on my yummy brand spankin' new mac powerbook. (i don't work for apple.)

the bit of advice i have is to pay attention when you are installing it and opt out of any options for joining it at the hip with your microsoft office programs. i had one heck of a time trying to get rid of those stupid superflous pdf toolbar buttons that shoved more important buttons out of the way and in some cases insisted on an entire line of real estate all to itself. take it from me, you don't want or need these prima donna toolbar buttons in your other programs. you've been warned.

-diotima