RE: Configurable On-Line Documentaton: Tools and Technologies

Subject: RE: Configurable On-Line Documentaton: Tools and Technologies
From: Sean Hower <hokumhome -at- freehomepage -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 07:33:40 -0800 (PST)

-------------------------------
Tony Rocco wroate:
Does anyone on the list know of bibliographic and/or consulting
resources that exist about authoring configurable on-line help?

Our approach was similar to Dick's. We use a single help system for the form-level information. Users open the help from a form and the help drops them to the right topic for that form. Then we have bubble help for each field. There is, therefore, no help for fields that aren't there.

Sean Hower - tech writer
http://hokum.freehomepage.com

Create your own web site for FREE at http://www.freehomepage.com

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l