RE: Identifying the source to generate a PDF?

Subject: RE: Identifying the source to generate a PDF?
From: "Spreadbury, David " <David -dot- Spreadbury -at- tellabs -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 08:17:03 -0600

We create are docs with FrameMaker and in Acrobat 5, in the Document
Summary (File > Document Property > Summary [Ctrl+D]) there is a line
that displays

'Creator: FrameMaker 7.0'

I went and looked at, even recreated it two different ways, a PDF
created in Word2003 and the same line states:

'Creator: PScript5.dll Version 5.2.2'

So unless they are opening the PDF in a text editor and looking for some
specific SGML tag/code, I can't see a way to tell. Which doesn't mean
there isn't.