Engineering Tool Drawing package recommendations sought

Subject: Engineering Tool Drawing package recommendations sought
From: sueahrenhold -at- ameritech -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 09:30:21 -0700

I'm the sole tech writer at an engineering company. I happily manage my
own screen shots, and digital equipment images and do a pretty decent job
of creating Visio drawing. I have even created my own set of templates for
dealing with robots, sensors and mounts.
Most of our technical illustrations were done back in the 90s, some using
Canvas, and many are now sorely in need of updating.
I'm looking for tool that can import CAD drawings where needed, and that
does the best job of supporting an engineering company.
I don't expect to become an expert technical illustrator, but I do have a
good eye, and want to do the best I can.
We're talking about Illustrator - anyone have any other recommendations?

TIA
Sue
"Good technical communications is so simple and straightforward, they'll
wonder what took you so long." - Tony Markos

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com