Image Management Software

Subject: Image Management Software
From: Lee Hunter <leeghunter -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 09:37:05 -0500

Can anyone recommend a good, preferably free, program for image management?

Usually it's not a problem for me, because at most places I've worked
images are clearly labelled and sensibly organized. Here at my current
gig, there are many GB of screen captures most of which are
cryptically labelled (fig01.bmp etc.) and hidden in a maze of
directories with an eclectic set of naming conventions (by date, by
chapter, by the name of the person who made them etc.)

I've just downloaded Picasa (it's indexing right now as I type) but
I'm wondering if there's anything better out there.

Lee Hunter - Technical Editor & Information Architect

------ http://www.hum.com ------- 613-282-1904 ------

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

Your Ad Here! Have a product or service you'd like to get some attention for? Use this space to get the word out! Contact lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com for more details.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com