Re: new kid on the block (long) Take TWO

Subject: Re: new kid on the block (long) Take TWO
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 09:29:19 -0800

IMO, this is the key to your situation. Even if your manager is unable or unwilling to define your projects and/or practices,
you need to make him aware that there is a dispute between the former writer and the reviewers and that the former writer
was arbitrarily overruling the reviewers. You need to press
your manager for a command decision: whose comments
have priority, the *former* writer or the *current* reviewers.
If your manager can't or won't even define that much of your
responsibilities for you, then my advice to you is start taking
interviews again. The development process in your company is disfunctional, and your place in it sounds untenable.

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "J C" <tech_writer_girl -at- yahoo -dot- com>

This bothers me in several ways. One thing is, as I am
revising and updating some of the existing
documentation and having it reviewed, the reviewers
(QA) complain that some of the information is
inaccurate or lacking. So I put in the updated
information, clarifying and adding whatever might be
missing. Then when former writer gets a hold of it, he
chops most of it out saying "There is no need for
this. No one reads the documentation anyway. It was
better the without this information."

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

Your Ad Here! Have a product or service you'd like to get some attention for? Use this space to get the word out! Contact lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com for more details.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com