RE: What Are Writing Skills?

Subject: RE: What Are Writing Skills?
From: Tony Markos <ajmarkos -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 10:25:44 -0800 (PST)

Bonnie:

The only solid answers that I got to my question "What
Are Writing Skills?" basically stated that the real
skill in writing is skill in structured writing. I
was also told that structured writing skills are
fundamental to TWing.

OK, super, great - if structured writing is important
and fundamental to TWing, then it should not take alot
of effort to discover the specific, concrete steps
and/or techniques involved in such.

Wrong! - I have spent a significant amount of time
googling and yahooing "structured writing is" to no
avail. I still do not know the specific, concrete
steps/methods of such. Many web sites that I visited
allude to this and hint at that, but discovering
specifics, other than formating examples (and
formatting is a relatively minor issue), is like
trying to catch a greased pig.

If structured writing is fundamental to TWing then:

* You should not have to go to a consulting company
to learn about "secret" techniques.

* Identification of specific, concrete steps/methods
should not take alot of effort.

Tony Markos
Show Me Your DFDs

--- Bonnie Granat <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com> wrote:
On Behalf Of Tony Markos

I started this thread ["What Are Writing Skills?"].
Funny thing: I have yet to
get an answer!

I thought someone mentioned Rhetoric already. That
is the answer.

Tony Markos responds:

There are many definitions of Rehtoric, and most of
the ones that I read use the words "the art". Again,
I seek specific, concrete steps and/or techniques.

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

Your Ad Here! Have a product or service you'd like to get some attention for? Use this space to get the word out! Contact lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com for more details.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com