Re: How To Choose A Good TW Was Re: Giving a surprise test to interviewees?

Subject: Re: How To Choose A Good TW Was Re: Giving a surprise test to interviewees?
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 19:05:02 -0800

Bonnie Granat wrote:

The question is illogical; nobody can possibly know how he or she differs
from the vast number of other TWs in the world.

More to the point (logic being in short supply at the best of times), the question suggests that the interviewer is looking for somebody who is gung-ho, or willing to fake it.

So far as I'm concerned, one of the advantages of middle-age is that fewer people expect false enthusiasm from you. I am becoming accustomed to this luxury, so I'm hardly likely to want to work in a place that wants that kind of reaction from me.

--
Bruce Byfield 604-421-7177
http://members.axion.net/~bbyfield

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l