Re: Ghostwriters anonymous pricing question (long)

Subject: Re: Ghostwriters anonymous pricing question (long)
From: Dick Margulis <margulisd -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 07:27:38 -0500

Damien Braniff wrote:

Have you considered not charging him at all? Simply interview him,
collect the information and produce the book yourself (with his name on
it). If the book sells then you take a higher cut than him from the
profits, or take out you 'costs' before splitting any additional
profits.

I've considered it and rejected it, for two reasons. First, the guy isn't pleading poverty. He brags about how he started with nothing and now has a successful business that affords him the luxury of leisure travel to fancy resorts all over the world. Second, I've got another book that I'm editing and publishing for an author who truly has no money but who has something valuable to say; my available risk tolerance is tied up in that project.

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com