Re: Purpose Driven Technical Writing

Subject: Re: Purpose Driven Technical Writing
From: Tony Markos <ajmarkos -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 16:39:12 -0800 (PST)

Geezz, tough crowd to please! I mean 48 man hours vs
800,000 man hours (my guess, $25 Million buys alot of
analysis man hours) and you still want me to say that
that 48 hours was under budget. Ok, it was under
budget?

Prior failed efforts! That DFD statement was a
rigorous, comprehensive, integrated understanding of
essential tasks to be accomplished within the scope of
the system and their interrelationships. It was the
main thing that $25 Million was supposed to come up
with - but failed to. My conversations with the
Congressional special investigators made that quite
clear.

Tony Markos
Do It With A DFD

--- Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com> wrote:

> The second paragraph contains the seeds of something
> useful,
> *if* you can rewrite it to reflect that you actually
> produced the
> deliverable, on-time and within budget, *and* that
> it resulted in
> the CBO approving the funding for the project after
> similar
> attempts by others had failed to do so. However,
> the first
> paragraph won't be of any help until you make a
> clear point in
> the second. Nobody cares what methodology you
> employ
> until they get the point about what the results
> achieved.
>
> Gene Kim-Eng

Make Yahoo! your home page
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs