Re: Personality types and tech writing...

Subject: Re: Personality types and tech writing...
From: "Jerry Muelver" <jerry -at- hytext -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 12:31:36 -0600

----- Original Message ----- From: Amanda_Abelove

Subject: Personality types and tech writing...

It's funny how personality types change over time. In college I tested
out as an INTJ. Now I'm an ESTP: "Everyone Seems Too Proper". No wonder
I'm dying for something more exciting. And why I like doing
instructor-led training better than the writing.

To go along with the personality test
http://haleonline.com/psychtest/

Good job occupations
http://www.doi.gov/octc/typescar.html

Ships passing in the night.... I'm INTJ now, having mellowed down considerably from whatever I was decades ago.

Attitudes are modified by circumstances and experience, but personality is a bit toward the immutable side. Stereotyping by ethnicity or appearance is notoriously unreliable (and thus, illegal in matters of policy and administration), but stereotypes based on occupation can map quite consistently. Given a job title, most folks can come up with an accurate description of the personality of a person who does that kind of job. You already know that tech pubs managers, lead writers for user docs, software specs documentation writers, and parts list compilers all have different -- and chracteristic -- personality types.

---- Jerry Muelver

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com