Re: Job change issue

Subject: Re: Job change issue
From: Lou Quillio <public -at- quillio -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 03:07:21 -0400

Mike O. wrote:

> And no, I don't think one is ethically obliged to add a 4-week job to
> one's resume.

Certainly not. Shades of Gattaca here.

This is how it starts, folks.

A few years back I took a place that was heated with LP gas. Truck
comes, fills the tanks, you pay in advance -- just like gassing-up the
car. I called two companies to set up service. The first one's rep
explained an elaborate application process involving a credit check.
For what? It's cash on the barrelhead! The second just delivered.

Sometimes I pay at the grocery with a debit card, most times with cash.
With the card, there's that momentary pang of apprehension while it's
processed, where you wonder if a network problem or who-knows-what will
make you retry or produce another card. Lately, I've felt the same pang
in the same instant when paying cash. Will my cash be approved?

"You seem to have omitted reference to some work you did for XYZ, Mike.
We have it right here on our screens."

This is how it starts.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0119177/

LQ