Re: Two people see the same thing differently

Subject: Re: Two people see the same thing differently
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 13:47:38 -0700 (PDT)

> I asked my manager who the appropriate SME would be to ask about a
> subject. His response: "See Eric, but be carefull, he likes to
> talk."

We had a further discussion on this through IM, everybody talks to
everybody through IM around here. It gives some insight into how some
developers think and how to deal with them. This is the IM I got from
my manager as I received it. You may have a similar developer in your
organization:

----
Eric thinks like he codes. his code has a great deal of integrity
checking, and rigid interfaces. if you try to be creative in
invoking his code, it will spit out an error. same with asking him a
question. he gets confused and confuses you unless you ask it the
right way. when you do, he's a wealth of information, most of which
you probably don't care about
----

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

?Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone
amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built
the Titanic.? - Dave Barry

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com