Re: "Sheet x of n" for multi-page tables

Subject: Re: "Sheet x of n" for multi-page tables
From: Dick Margulis <margulisd -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 10:15:34 -0400

Milan Davidovic wrote:

When a table continues across multiple pages, you can
use "Sheet x of n" in, say, a footer to show your
readers where they are in the table. Frame, for
instance, has the TableSheet variable.

I don't have any publications on hand that have
multi-page tables, so I'm wondering how often this
indicator is used. I'm also interested in whether
anyone uses something other than the word "sheet".

Milan,

I've seen "Sheet x of n" used on multisheet drawings but not on tables. Tables generally take a "*Table m-n* (_continued_)" heading instead, in my experience.

HTH,

Dick

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com