Re: Is Robohelp Going Away

Subject: Re: Is Robohelp Going Away
From: Lee Hunter <leeghunter -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 16:05:57 -0400

> Bill Swallow wrote:
>
> > Me, I think it won't make a difference either way. Products come and
> > products go, but products don't stop working

Actually, since RoboHelp relies on a link to Word for DOC output, it
could very well stop working, at least partially, the next time
Microsoft tinkers with Office.

When this happened in the past, users were able to get an updated
RoboHelp but if it happens again, we'll have no choice but to stick
with an old version of Word (not always an option at some companies)
or migrate to some other tool, perhaps MadCap or AuthorIT.

Lee Hunter - Technical Editor & Information Architect

------ http://www.hum.com ------- 613-282-1904 ------

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com