FW: Locating missing graphics-path has to be specified more than once

Subject: FW: Locating missing graphics-path has to be specified more than once
From: "Emelda Ben Shoshan" <emeldab -at- paradigmgeo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 10:57:31 +0200

We're using FM 7 (Unix). We maintain 80 online files from which we also
create hardcopy formats. The problem we have is described as follows:
- Online files are located in /home/doc/
- We copy our online files into the /home/doc/hardcopy/ directory and
apply our hardcopy template.
- Referenced graphics are located in /home/doc/pics1/ or
/home/doc/pics2/ or /home/doc/pics3/

When we open the hardcopy files, the "missing graphic file" message
appears. We find the missing graphic file and click Update Document to
Use New Path. FM is supposed to use the new path to try to find other
missing files so that you have to specify the new path only once (this
is what is supposed to happen). But what we've been encountering is that
we've had to specify the new path more than once, so we end up copying
every single graphic file into our hardcopy files.

We didn't have this problem with the previous FM version that we used
(5.5).

We tried putting the hardcopy files into the same directory as the
online (/home/doc/). The pictures come in but then the xrefs do not
(they have to be resolved individually).

Is this a bug in FM 7?

Thanks,

Emelda Ben-Shoshan
Documentation Department