What Can We Do?

Subject: What Can We Do?
From: "tom -dot- green -at- iwon -dot- com" <tom -dot- green -at- iwon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 18:57:43 -0400 (EDT)

I am highly upset. I left a good company and signed on with a contracting company five months ago to work as an on-site contractor for a certain amount of time and a certain amount of money. This company (a large international company) decided they were paying us too much and told my company they will only pay a certain rate (a lot less). My company would not go for that so another writer and I have been given two weeks. They are going to interview and hire less experienced people for a lot less money.

What gives a company the right to change the rules in the middle of the game? I understood that when you signed a contract with a company it is supposed to be honored. If they can just change the contract without any repercussions, it's not worth the effort to sign the thing. What legal steps can I take?

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com