Re: Just can't help myself

Subject: Re: Just can't help myself
From: Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 11:34:09 -0400

> Maybe they would. Are rates low because most people in this field
> write crap or do most people in this field write crap because the
> rates are low?

I think rates are low because people don't know they can ask for more
and writing is crap partly because of apathy and partly because of
lack of experience/knowledge in the industry or domain in which they
are working as a technical writer.

> There's a huge abundance of people claiming they are writers...there
> just isn't an abundance of writers who can walk the walk.

Walk the walk how? Really, if you want to talk certification, you
really need to be specific. We can generalize all day and still not
have a shred of evidence that technical writing certification does or
does not have merit.

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com