Re: resume fondling -- am I being too picky?

Subject: Re: resume fondling -- am I being too picky?
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 13:33:48 -0700

If I was job-hunting, the past two weeks would have been
a black hole for me. I'm so overwhelmed that this morning
I actually sent an email to myself instead of the person I
meant to send it to.

This might be a good time to suggest that anyone looking
for work get someone else to review all their resumes and
applications, especially if they're not working now. Looking
for work is tough under the best of circumstances, but when
you're under the emotional strain of not working it's even
worse. A few years ago when I was "between positions,"
I sent out a few applications and then noticed - after the fact -
that they contained typos. Write those prospects off, pal.
After that, my wife (ex-legal secretary) reviewed all my
material for me before it went out, and the number of errors
and/or inconsistencies she caught was was downright
embarressing.

Gene Kim-Eng