RE: Printing problems with Imbedded Excel and Visio files

Subject: RE: Printing problems with Imbedded Excel and Visio files
From: "Kathleen" <keamac -at- cox -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 10:17:35 -0700

Patricia,

If Joe's comments don't help, you might want to attack the problem from
a different direction: why aren't things printing? It's possible there
is a straightforward solution to this problem that someone on the list
could help you resolve.

Kathleen

From: Patricia Oshea

Imbedding Visio or Excel files into Word or Powerpoint has been causing
printing problems so we have resorted to putting them in as pictures or
objects. The problem this creates is that the imbedded file cannot be
edited from the document in which it resides. This is causing
repetative work because we have to continually re-format the files
submitted from engineering. If we could make files available that they
could just revise, it would save a lot of time. I searched the archives
but didn't see any titles that addressed this specific problem. Does
anyone know of a solution?

Patricia O'Shea
Technical Writer/Data Manager
X6462