Anchors in online help? (Frame to WWP)

Subject: Anchors in online help? (Frame to WWP)
From: rjstevenson -at- sprynet -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 11:41:45 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Greetings, whirlers. I'm quite certain this has come up before (what hasn't?) but it's a new one for me:

Can you, in FrameMaker, specify an <a name=""> that will be maintained in WebWorks output?

I am creating a user manual for delivery in PDF and HTML forms, using FrameMaker and WWP. The guide contains as an appendix a long list of diagnostic messages that can appear in the UI, and their interpretation.

This material used to live in a single, long, hand-coded HTML page, as contextual help for the application; users can click the message in the UI and see the explanation. The developers don't want to change the app to use generated IDs; they want it to keep using the #name links they already have set up.

I tried using Specify Named Destination; when saved to HTML Frame prepended a number to the anchor, and when put through WebWorks Standard (we're ordering Pro right now) it seemed to disappear entirely. Am I on the wrong track, or do I need to give their dev team some bad news? (I am doing this as a contract on an abbreviated schedule, for whatever that information is worth.)

Thank you!!

Rebecca

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com