Re: Department of redundancy department

Subject: Re: Department of redundancy department
From: "Fred Ridder" <docudoc -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 13:23:19 -0400

There's a good chance you're misinterpreting, John. In the field of
modular switches (whether you're talking about telco switches or
computer network switches or electrical switches) redundancy is
implemented on a module level as a means of achieving greater
reliability. If the primary module fails for some reason, the switch
is able to use the redundant secondary module to maintain normal
function. In high-density telco switches, it's common to have
redundancy all the way up to the single-board computer that controls
the whole switch.

My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel
Intel
Parsippany, NJ

From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>

Not redundant..I see a meaning. It's just poorly written

First, I'd change "populated" with the word "configured".

Next, I'd rewrite it as:

"Each switch is configured with assorted modules. In some instances,
the functionality of the modules overlaps and in other instances, the
functionality of each module is unique."

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com