Re: Another Newbie question about procedures

Subject: Re: Another Newbie question about procedures
From: Martin Bosworth <martinhbosworth -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 15:43:19 -0400

> It's always good to remind them to confirm their
> changes/input/whatever but if your audience consists of computer savvy
> people then you can get around the stereotypical "click OK" as a list
> item. Best approach is to test your docs with the audience the way
> they are now and then again rewritten and see which works better for
> them.

I agree with Bill here. The docs I'm working on have every step
written out, every click mentioned. It may be overdoing it, but better
that than to leave something critical out.

They're currently being end-user-tested as I write this, so if it
turns out I made things more complicated, I'll just go back and redo
them. That simple.

Martin H. Bosworth
Technical Writer, Telemedicine Directorate
Walter Reed Army Medical Center (http://www.wramc.amedd.army.mil/)
Writer/Editor, ConsumerAffairs.com (http://www.consumeraffairs.com)

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com