RE: Date field in Word

Subject: RE: Date field in Word
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 06:52:31 -0700 (PDT)

> Easier than that: Have them select Insert|Date and Time, and make
> sure that the "Update Automatically" check box is cleared.

Word 2003...there is no check box for that function when they select
"Field" to insert the date and I cannot guarantee that they will
always use "Date and Time" over "Field"....these are programmers.

Also, they might be using their own template and I need a way to
freeze the date if they've already inserted it.

Back to my question...will CTRL F11 freeze the date?

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

?Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone
amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built
the Titanic.? - Dave Barry

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com