Re: FW: Date field in Word

Subject: Re: FW: Date field in Word
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 08:05:02 -0700 (PDT)

> A related question... If the document was created a while back &
> the date field was never frozen, can you find out the actual
> last-saved date? I look in document properties, but this
> information seems unreliable at best...

In the world of Word, NOTHING is reliable, and in this case, I know
that if you copy the file from one place to another, the Properties
Create date will change to the date it was copied...you'd think they
could get that date to stick.

So, I'm not worrying about it and its not within the scope of my
concern in this situation.

If I had to worry about it though, I'd probably comapre the file date
to the date in the Properties, and if they match, go with that but
not stake anything on it.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

?Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone
amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built
the Titanic.? - Dave Barry

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com