Re: Leprosy?

Subject: Re: Leprosy?
From: Martin Bosworth <martinhbosworth -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 16:28:44 -0400

On 5/17/05, Joe Malin <jmalin -at- tuvox -dot- com> wrote:

> Something similar happened to me: I found two recruiters trying to fill
> the same position at a company! Recruiters seem to be picking resumes
> off of Monster, etc. and then matching them to requests from companies.
> This is why I'm very leery of recruiters right now.

Recently I got solicited for a part-time job rewriting resumes for
recruiters. No, really...they wanted to pay me to "polish up" resumes
of candidates they were farming to companies.

I figured "What the hey", and told the recruiter I was interested. She
wanted me to come in for an interview, while firmly expressing that
this was a part-time, work from home position, and there'd be no
benefits. I patiently explained to her that I wasn't going to take
leave time from my very FULL-time job WITH benefits to interview for
this, unless we did it in the evening or on a lunch hour.

So I leave her a message on Friday following up to see if she's
willing to adjust her schedule. She calls me back on Monday, and has
completely forgotten who I am. She read the whole spiel of the job to
me over the phone before realizing that we've already spoken about
this, and she contacted me about it to begin with.

"Oh, okay," she says. "So....do you think you can come in for an
interview tomorrow? Say, about 10 A.M. or so?"

*sigh*

Martin

--
Martin H. Bosworth
Technical Writer, Telemedicine Directorate

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com