RE: FrameMaker side graphics as a part of the paragraph style

Subject: RE: FrameMaker side graphics as a part of the paragraph style
From: "Jayaseelan Pannirselvam" <jayaseelan -dot- pannirselvam -at- ite -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 22:02:36 +1000

Chuck Martin wrote:
>I *think* I could do this by creating some sort of pre-designed graphic
>frame, placed correctly in relation to its anchor and store that in the
>reference pages, but I'm not entirely sure how to do this.

Not sure if what I proposed on this list (a year back) for a somewhat
related issue -- using graphics for bullets -- would work for you. It
might at least nudge you in the right direction to solving your problem.
So give it a whirl.

Check out this link
http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/archives/0404/techwhirl-0404-00575.htm

>I'd *prefer* to have such a beast as a part of the paragraph style, but
>the only thing I can find seems to allow graphics above or below the
>paragraph, not alongside (and seemingly no way to adjust the placement
>of such graphics).

The "graphics above or below the paragraph" restriction is a bummer I
agree, but you could probably get around it by reducing the paragaraph
style's font size to the minimum that's allowed, which is 2 points I
think.

Cheers,

Jayaseelan

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com