Re: Tech Writers as Hourly Employees?!

Subject: Re: Tech Writers as Hourly Employees?!
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 07:19:39 -0700

As a manager, I would offer exactly these arguements against moving
my writing staff from salaried to hourly, unless it was glaringly obvious
to me that everyone was going to end up making more money, in which
case I'd let them decide if they wanted me to argue against it. If there
was no prior discussion and it was simply imposed, I would support
any staff member's insistence on OT pay, and would remind upper management that not paying it would be a violation of our state's labor laws. After all, as a manager it is part of my job to keep our company
from getting into trouble with the law.

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike O." <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com>

OK, now I'm ready for all the usual suspects to grandstand about how
they would fire/never hire anyone with such an attitude :-)

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com