Re: Identifying chapters

Subject: Re: Identifying chapters
From: HBacheler -at- aol -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 12:37:56 EDT

To all,

I chose 'door number 3"

> > ...; see "Changes to Configuration: Configuring Widget X"

because of the following:

If "Changes to Configuration" were a MAJOR (Heading 2) heading in another
section, would it not be helpful to have the Table of Contents (TOC) of the
document show the major heading (Heading 2), and then the subheadings (Heading
3)..

Or is "Configuring Widget X" only one of two or three configuration that
can be changed.

If I were looking for something, I would look in the TOC, before I would
start 'leafing' through another section.

Example:

Changes to Configuration
Configuring Widget X 4-2
Configuring Widget Y 4-7
Configuring Widget Z 4-9

On the other hand, if there were a lot of Changes to Configurations, why not
put into an Appendix. Then all of them would be concentrated in one place.

Food for thought,

Harry

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com