Re: How Much Knowledge Transfer is Necessary?

Subject: Re: How Much Knowledge Transfer is Necessary?
From: HBacheler -at- aol -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 15:39:53 EDT

John,

You are right,

However, you can always modify your contract.

If you have a contract, and you are working on it, and it does NOT include
'taking minutes during a meeting' do you take the minutes, if asked?

If you are asked to go from one working site in a town (your contracted
location) to another site (not in the contract) in the same town, do you 'refuse
to go'?

That is what was meant in my response of 'professionalism'.

I was on a government contract that called for training M-F, 8-4, allowing
for lunch. (40 hours training)

When I got to the government site, I was asked by the government
representative if I could restructure the training, as the individuals I had to train
were involved in 24-hour testing that had not been planned for. (The people I
was to train were the shift supervisors.)

The modification of the training schedule was 'at the convenience of the
government'. I could have NOT made the change to accommodate the needs of the
client.

The terms 'convenience of the government' and 'operational needs' seem to be
a 'catch-all' unless I am mistaken.

That is what I meant.

Harry

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com