Runinng an .exe or .bat file from within a PDF doc?

Subject: Runinng an .exe or .bat file from within a PDF doc?
From: "Yves Barbion" <YBarbion -at- uni-learning -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 13:56:11 +0200

Hello tech writers,

I would like to include a clickable graphic in my PDF document and add a
link to a .exe or .bat file. The idea is that the user clicks on the
graphic and that a specific file (.key) is copied to a specific folder.

Is there an elegant way to do this, preferably by using the Link Tool in
Adobe Acrobat 6? I'm been looking into the "custom actions" but I can
only find "Open document" or "Run a JavaScript".

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Yves Barbion
Senior Technical Writer