Re: technical interview of tech writers

Subject: Re: technical interview of tech writers
From: "Poster" <Poster -at- aurora -dot- cotse -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 15:47:20 -0400 (EDT)

mona sharma said:
> Hi all,
> I need some help with technical interviews on
> Telephone. Can someone please give me some tips or a
> list of questions which people might ask for a
> technical interview as a technical writer. I have one
> year's experience as a technical writer and i am
> looking for a change now.
> Hope to get a positive reply soon.
> Regards,
> Monika

{{Aimed at s/w tech writers}}

1) What authoring tools have you used? How long?
2) What help development tools have you used? How long?
3) What operating systems do you know?
4) How do you keep yourself organized?
5) Describe a situation where you cam up short and what you did about it?
6) What are four traits that a technical writer should have?
7) Do you have samples that you can send?

~ He who posts ~
+ www.intaligo.com/mt +
+ Professional Editing/Web Design +
+ www.intaligo.com/mt +

New from Quadralay Corporation: WebWorks ePublisher Pro! Easily create
14 online formats, including 6 Help systems, in a project-based
workflow. Live, online demo! http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com