RE: Fwd Question: Disclaimer?

Subject: RE: Fwd Question: Disclaimer?
From: "Nuckols, Kenneth M" <Kenneth -dot- Nuckols -at- mybrighthouse -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 07:49:24 -0400

Gene Kim-Eng said...

[clip]

> He's probably referring to the statements in the SW EULA that
> tell you not to redistribute, unbundle or decompile any of the files
> in the program or you will void both your license and your
> warranty. The specific language varies from company to
> company, but is in fact fairly boilerplate for all SW produced
> and sold in the US.

> > One of my guys
> > says that there is a standard text for a
> > "Disclaimer" file, and wants to use no other text but
> > this mystery paragraph. The text gives some
> > basic warning, and he seems to think that it is a
> > fairly well-used paragraph within the computer
> > industry. He believes that the text reads: File is
> > created by machine, there is no warranty, and
> > make no changes to the computer generated file.

To find some examples of this, go to the Help menu of several programs
and look for the "View the End-User License Agreement" link. In
Microsoft Outlook, for example, this link is on the "About Microsoft
Outlook" dialog box.

As Gene says, they are all fairly close to each other in content, but if
possible you might want to sample EULAs from several software vendors.

New from Quadralay Corporation: WebWorks ePublisher Pro! Easily create
14 online formats, including 6 Help systems, in a project-based
workflow. Live, online demo! http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com