Re: Looking for to export a PageMaker 7 file to an AI file

Subject: Re: Looking for to export a PageMaker 7 file to an AI file
From: David Neeley <dbneeley -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 16:06:18 -0500

Sharon,

I'm not sure what you mean by "the one thing object thing"--it must be
a technical term with which I am not familiar!

However, another route might be to import the Pagemaker file into
InDesign, then to save it in the target format you want. I believe
InDesign's handling of Pagemaker files is far superior to Pagemaker's
export to .ei or .pdf.

Illustrator and InDesign are very interactive, so you should be able
to get the resulting file into Illustrator quite well.

If you don't have InDesign, I have 2.02 (no CS, unfortunately) and can
try to import and then to export to Illustrator for you if you wish.

David

On 6/5/05, Sharon Burton <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com> wrote:

> My QS is in pagemaker... I can create an EPS, which will vector everything,
> which is good because the art is vector. Does anyone know if that EPS is
> going to do the one thing object thing?
>
> I know Frame natively can't do this and I'm pretty sure Pagemaker can't
> natively do it either. But...
>
> sharon

New from Quadralay Corporation: WebWorks ePublisher Pro! Easily create
14 online formats, including 6 Help systems, in a project-based
workflow. Live, online demo! http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com