Re: Frivolous Poll - how do you answer "how are you?"

Subject: Re: Frivolous Poll - how do you answer "how are you?"
From: Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 09:54:22 -0400

I've never bothered to think about it. I don't think CEOs think about
it, either.

The difference between being 'correct' or not in the context of
informal conversation isn't worth sweating over.

On 6/13/05, rjstevenson -at- sprynet -dot- com <rjstevenson -at- sprynet -dot- com> wrote:

> Actively seeking as I am, I answer the phone a lot these days, and when people ask "How are you?" I often suffer a small crisis. :-)
>
> Do you say, "I'm well" because it's correct?
>
> Or do you say "I'm good" because it's colloquially accepted?
>
> I tend to use the latter, and sometimes wonder if I'm shooting myself in the foot in the first five seconds of the conversation! Found myself wondering this morning what the general thought is among our segment of the population.

New from Quadralay Corporation: WebWorks ePublisher Pro! Easily create
14 online formats, including 6 Help systems, in a project-based
workflow. Live, online demo! http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com