Re: How much knowledge to advertise and how to advertise it?

Subject: Re: How much knowledge to advertise and how to advertise it?
From: Hemanth Basrur <hemanthbasrur -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 23:14:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, Mitchell,

It seems like a sensible idea on the outset but there
may be disadvantages to this approach. I will not
follow this approach because while one potential
employer may consider that my skill level is novice,
another might consider that I have an expert skill
level.

Besides, most employers will want to contact referees
when they are seriously considering you for a
position. If you supply the contact details of your
referees in your resume, it is important to contact
them to advise them that they may be contacted for
references. It is also important that your referees
are people who have worked with you and know your
responsibilities and skill levels ? a referee who can
give a detailed response on your work and your
abilities is better than someone very senior in the
organisation who may not know you at all, or a
personal referee who will be unable to make a comment
on your job performance.

Just my thoughts...

Regards,
Hemanth