RE: Why is it so hard to find the RoboHelp Asian Edition?

Subject: RE: Why is it so hard to find the RoboHelp Asian Edition?
From: "Char James-Tanny" <CharJT -at- helpstuff -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 14:08:07 -0400

> I was just about to ask whether anyone knew where to find a RoboHelp XML
> Handler for DITA, (perhaps as an add-in) since DocBook and XHTML
> handlers are the only ones that come packaged in RoboHelp X5.

I don't know that, either :-)

> That question now seems secondary to these: Is the RoboHelp dev. freeze
> intended to be permanent? Was there a press release to this effect?
> Where can it be found? Should current users of RoboHelp be panicking?

Panicking? No, I wouldn't think so...the tool still works like it did,
afaik. There was an initial panic after the WritersUA Conference, but it
seems to have calmed down a bit. See
http://www.writersua.com/articles/rh/index.html and
http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=447&;
threadid=979594.

Char James-Tanny ~ JTF Associates, Inc. ~ http://www.helpstuff.com
2005 Microsoft Help MVP ~ MSHelpWiki http://www.mshelpwiki.com
AuthorIT Certified Consultant ~ AuthorIT Development and Training
Moderator, HATT and MSHelp2
STC Online Information SIG: Online Help Lead
Web site Hosting and Design ~ http://www.jtfhosting.com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com