Re: TOOLS: more ergo stuff LCD Monitor Arms

Subject: Re: TOOLS: more ergo stuff LCD Monitor Arms
From: "CB Casper" <knowone -at- surfy -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 05:31:03 -0800

>> One strategy for the CRT that you find
uncomfortable over a protracted time might be to get
fixed-focus computer glasses that allow you to sit
farther back from the tube. <<

My reading and computer glasses are in focus from
about 12 inches to about 6 feet, well within the
useful range for any monitor.

I tried variable focus lenses, and that was a
disaster. Wish I could give you a visual on this,
but since the two lenses vary in their focal distance
gradually I tilt my head up and down, there is a very
limited range where both eyes focused on the screen.
And even after many repeat visits to my optomotrist, the only way I could get both eyes to focus on the
same spot was to tilt my head back AND lean it way
over to the left.

And then with the very tight focal length
provided, I had an area of only about 3 inches in
diameter that would be in focus at any point in time.
In order to read a document, I had to hold the head
back and left position while moving around to read
the entire page. Not something for the weak of neck.

CB - but I'm much better now with so-called fixed
focal length glasses, though when I forget to change
them leaves a much less than desired driving
experience

--
http://www.surfy.net for Free Email <br> http://www.ergova.com for Low Prices on Hotels, Books, and more.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com