Licensing Question: Adobe Products

Subject: Licensing Question: Adobe Products
From: Rachna Ganguli <rachna -dot- ganguli -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:38:22 +0530

Hi people!

Tell me something about Adobe licenses. If my company buys a license
for Adobe FrameMaker 7.0 for me, can I install it on one machine ONLY?
The deal is I use a laptop at home which has the very same software
installed. And the desktop at office has the original instance. So
technically serial number 999 99999 999 remains registered to Rachna
Ganguli but on two different computers.

:-D

I can be using either of the computers at any given point in time. So
do I get another license for the comp at home or ...? Somewhere I
missed this part. Is the product licensed to one instance of the
product or one user who can use it on different machines but only one
instance at a time? My head says it should the former but just
checking...

Would appreciate a response from a LEGAL aspect not a "I think so"
types :-) Don't want to get embroiled in an SOBC violation! If you
could gimme a URL it would stupendous!

If there is someone from Adobe on this list and you read this, please
write to me offlist.

Rachna Ganguli

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com