Re: pdf graphics problem

Subject: Re: pdf graphics problem
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 14:22:15 -0700

Your problem is caused by compression in the PDF graphics.
If you create your document using jpg graphics and then apply
compression in the creation of the PDF, the compression artifacts cause most non-postscript printers (and some PS
printers as well) to read the figure background as grey. Either use uncompressed graphics in your source files and then compress your PDF, or turn the compression in your PDF settings off. If your source file graphics are already compressed, you aren't gaining much file size reduction by compressing them again anyway.

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Tinsley" <dtinsley -at- ndigital -dot- com>