INS forms

Subject: INS forms
From: Michele <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 19:14:51 -0500

I have a friend from Montreal who married a man in Wisconsin. She's been here three years and still doesn't have a social security number. Her husband and her are pretty smart and they've told us that the INS forms are made to be as daunting and confusing as possible. On the flip side I went to a graduation party for our nanny, and her nanny was there. She went to college in Montreal and tried to immigrate and they refused her. They said she'd be taking a good job away from a Canadian and she is from a wealthy nation so she should just go get a job in her wealthy country (the states.)

Michele

---------------
Michele E. Davis, Writer
Kraut Companies
612-824-3516
612-309-6903 (cell)
www.krautgrrl.com
www.krautboy.com
and the uber geek empyre

Katherine Hinchey wrote:

Also in 1998, the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals found (in Reno v.
Walters) that the Immigration and Naturalization forms were so confusing
that they violated a person's rights to due process.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com