any Oracle fountains of knowledge out there?

Subject: any Oracle fountains of knowledge out there?
From: "Victoria Wroblewski" <vwroblewski -at- bridgeport-networks -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 13:05:37 -0500

Anyone out there really, really familiar with Oracle? I'm trying to
figure out if some differences in some command syntax cause anything
specific, and unfortunately, our Oracle person at work left last week.

Basically, straight from the mouth of our now-gone Oracle expert, some
scripts were being run by typing: ". script.sh" (yes, that is an
intentional space there)

I've seen the scripts run though on the system correctly like that, yet
I have people insisting it's W-R-O-N-G and needs to be "./script.sh".

Is there any difference in what each of the scripts does?

(off list replies are fine)

Thanks!!

- Victoria

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com