Re: Screen caps of handhelds?

Subject: Re: Screen caps of handhelds?
From: Bryan Sherman <bsherm -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 07:06:14 -0400

For a Palm application, you can use an emulator on the PC and just use
your favorite screen capture program (like SnagIt in my case). If you
are working with a developer, they can create a bound emulator with
their application.

This handles most of the issues in the Palm environment. If you need
to take the screen capture on a working handheld (for example, I
couldn't get ScoutSync to display the proper screens through an
emulator) you can use any number of capture applications. Look here:
http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=software.answernew&PartnerREF=&siteid=1&keyword=screen%20capture

I have no specific recommendations for these applications.

Bryan

On 6/30/05, Lisa Wright <lisawright -at- mail -dot- utexas -dot- edu> wrote:

> Apologies if this has been covered lately. Does anyone have suggestions
> for screen captures for handheld devices like a PalmPilot, Trio, or
> other such beast? While I'm at it, if anyone has opinions about screen
> captures for procedures for handhelds and their merits, please feel free
> to share. FYI, I am in the minimalist camp and like to use as few screen
> captures as possible. I do find, though, that they help for confusing
> interfaces and to occasionally orient users.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Lisa

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com