Re: Customizable user guide?

Subject: Re: Customizable user guide?
From: Peter Gold <peter -at- knowhowpro -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 11:16:24 -0500

Hi, Art:

You also mentioned adding

graphics, files,

The feature list at:

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/matrix.html

notes that Reader 7 can "View, print, and search Adobe PDF files." It erroneously omits the ability that Acrobat 7 Professional can "Enable anyone with free Adobe Reader® 7.0 software to use highlighter, sticky note, pen, and other commenting tools."

You were just a tad too generous.

I'm too pinched for disk space to reinstall Reader 7 to see if it's possible to attach files to PDF reviews with Reader 7, though of course, reviewers can attach files to emails when they return reviewed PDFs.

Peter

On Jul 6, 2005, at 10:54 AM, Art Campbell wrote:

Peter, what I said Reader 7 could do was to insert Comments, provided
the parent document was created with Acrobat 7 and the Comments
Enabled switch was thrown.

In that statement, what exactly do you think Reader 7 is incapable of doing?

I believe I'd use two tools in Acrobat 7. Baseline would be a
document=20
delivered in a .PDF created with Acrobat 7, and with Commenting
Enabled.=20
Which allows the customers/users to add their own comments,
annotations, graphics, files, etc. to the .pdf. with (free) Reader 7.
Including adding comments that say "We don't use this feature."

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com