Re: Results of STC India 2005 Salary Survey - reasons

Subject: Re: Results of STC India 2005 Salary Survey - reasons
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 11:20:43 -0700

In 1997, at the height of the dot-com, I left a company that was
one of those "leading company in a hot field that everyone dreams about working for" places to go to a smaller company in a totally different and not considered "hot" field. Took a $3000 pay cut,
too. To this day, I still think it was one of the best moves I ever
made. The number on your paycheck is not the sole determinant of what constitutes a "good job."

Gene Kim-eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Swallow" <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>

Well, to be honest, the only times I took a pay cut when switching
jobs (voluntarily or not) was when going to lower cost of living areas
from higher cost of living areas. And, the difference in pay has
always been an "increase" once all factors have been weighed.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com