RE: Apple permits "then" to be used as a coord. conjunction in instructions?Bonnie,

Subject: RE: Apple permits "then" to be used as a coord. conjunction in instructions?Bonnie,
From: "Kathleen" <keamac -at- cox -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 23:45:55 -0700

Bonnie,

I'll be the first to bow to your superior grammatical expertise, because
grammar isn't my strong point. But I thought I saw a note recently that
"they" can be used in the singular and plural--was that historically
speaking or a recent development?

OTOH: I don't agree with using "they" as singular; the sentences don't
make sense.

Kathleen