Re: Mysterious rlt files in RoboHelp projects

Subject: Re: Mysterious rlt files in RoboHelp projects
From: plecostamus <plecostamus -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 11:06:40 -0500

Sorry to be vague. .FPJ files keep track of the structure of your
project, and there's one in every folder with topics that are used.
.FPJ files are plain text, so you can look at them in Notepad or run a
plain text search on them. What I meant was to run a search of all
.FPJ files to see whether any of them reference rlt files. You can do
this using Windows Search:

Under Search for files or folders named, enter *.fpj

Under Containing text, enter rlt

Under Look in, browse for the folder containing your .XPJ file so that
it searches that folder and all its subfolders.

If any .FPJ files come up in the results, you can open them in Notepad
to see which of the rlt files they include. Any referenced rlt files
are actually a part of your project, and you don't want to delete
them.

This is assuming you have any rogue rlt files at all. It's possible
that you don't. I did, as I said, a few years ago due to a bug, and
they'd still be a part of my project had I not given them the names of
the files they had replaced and deleted the abandoned originals.

This is all just based on my observations--I'm not any kind of trained
expert. I hope I'm helping and not just confusing things. :)

c5

On 7/13/05, Norcross, Amanda <Amanda -dot- Norcross -at- kla-tencor -dot- com> wrote:
> I'm still not sure what you mean by "running a search
> through your FPJ files." Were you perhaps suggesting this in the context
> of using RoboHelp's source control feature? We use MS Visual SourceSafe
> for our source control. Could you please clarify how you search through
> FPJ files and why I might find this helpful?
>
> Thanks,
> Amanda

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com