Re: TOOLS: Seeking time-tracking software

Subject: Re: TOOLS: Seeking time-tracking software
From: Lou Quillio <public -at- quillio -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 00:04:33 -0400

Bruce Byfield wrote:

>>To tell the truth, I don't see much point in a lot of specialized
>>software, including time-tracking software and CRM (at least up until a
>>few thousand records). In many cases, the tools you need are in your
>>basic office application, if you only take stop to think.

Agree. Natch, folks use spreadsheets for all sorts of stuff that
really calls for another tool.

But in the case of a timesheet they're perfect. They start simple,
can grow in complexity as [real] need arises, and can dump to CSV or
be an ODBC datasource in the unlikely event a database is ever
called for. Probably won't be, though.

Nothing's as satisfying as the right tool for the job.

LQ

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com