Generating Printed Documentation Troubles

Subject: Generating Printed Documentation Troubles
From: Jonny Benjamin <jonnyben -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 13:57:12 +0300

Hi all,

I have 2 questions relating to generating printed documention using RoboHelp X5:

1: The first is that every time I run the printed documentation
wizard. I get the Microsoft Word error message from "This file is in
use by another application or user. (c:\Documents and
Settings\...\Normal.dot)". I am able to complete the process
successfully but this error message pops up a number of times, each
time opening a new Word document which I then have to close not before
being asked if I want to save a global template. This is a real
nuisance and waste of time.
I have tried closing all Word and Outlook before generating. I have
tried saving normal. dot under a different name. This does not help.
(The "prompt before saving template" in Word checkbox is not checked
either).

Neither QuickSoft support (my local reseller in Israel) nor my IT
manager were able to solve this problem.

2: My second question is whether there is a way to generate printed
documentation that maintains all the hyperlinks in the project file
and therefore all linked topics in the project. Currently, no links
are active and topics not in the TOC are not included in the printed
documentation book. (Unless you drag them over individually from the
"Top Level Folder" view. My objective is to produce guides that are in
fact sub-sections of the Help and I wish to maintain all the links in
the output (Word or PDF document).

Thanks,

Jonny Benjamin

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com